Part 1 - 2016 Transportation Supervisors Continuing Education Program
1 - Introduction and Managing an Emergency
Published on September 29, 2015
Welcome to the 2016 Pupil Transportation Supervisors’ Continuing Education Program. The theme for this training cycle is “School Bus Nuts and Bolts.” The full six-hour program will focus primarily on innovative programs and resources developed and implemented by Michigan pupil transportation personnel. The Part I program will present hours one, two, and three of your required six-hour training.
Part I presenters are four innovators from local school bus fleets and the manager of the Michigan State Police Medical Waiver Board.
1. Highlight local school bus fleets’ innovative activities, materials, and procedures.
2. Promote identifying and sharing innovative activities, materials, and procedures across all Michigan school bus fleets.
3. Identify and describe specific issues and questions, e.g. federal and state physical standards and school bus railroad crossing conflicts, confronting school bus fleet administrators.
4. Review bills before the legislature and The Michigan Association for Pupil Transportation’s Legislative Agenda for the 2015-16 legislative session.
- 1 - Introduction and Managing an Emergency
- 2 - Q and A session for Managing Emergencies
- 3 - School Bus Pre-Trip Inspection
- 4 - Q and A for School Bus Pre-Trip Inspection
- 5 - Micro and Macro Professional Development
- 6 - Q and A for Micro and Macro Professional Development
- 7 - School Bus Driver Medical Examination Standards
- 8 - Q and A for School Bus Driver Medical Examination Standards
- 9 - Legislative Review and Wrap up
- 10 - Michigan CDL School Bus Pre-Trip Inspection Test Video Training Aid - FULL Training Video